Here’s some recent news from Ian Hartas.
Here are some recent updates to the Cheshire BMD site.
- Replaced Stockport ST3 registers 21 to 30 to add mother’s maiden name (1918-1926).
- 554 for Wistaston, St Mary, registers at Cheshire Central (1951-1974);
- 1,305 for Witton (Northwich), St Helen, registers at Cheshire Central (1951-1974).
- 500 for Birkenhead, registers at Wirral (1901-1901);
- 1,001 for Neston, registers at Wirral (1919-1927);
- 998 for Tranmere, registers at Wirral (1903-1904);
- 1,501 for Wallasey, registers at Wirral (1926-1928).
From 1st April 2009, Cheshire will be split into two separate registration districts of Cheshire West & Chester and Cheshire East, replacing the current three districts of Cheshire West, Cheshire East and Cheshire Central.
“To ensure this change runs smoothly the on-line ordering facility has been temporarily withdrawn,” says Ian. “We hope to restore it on 1st April 2009 at which point orders will be automatically directed to one of the new authorities. Ordering via the printable application forms continues as before.”
Ian adds that, as part of the local government re-organisations that
are currently taking place, several of the original registers are being moved from one register office to another, and many other registers are being re-labelled.
“The Cheshire BMD website has been updated to match the moves and re-labelling and tested as best we can to ensure that all is as it should be,” says Ian. “If you do spot anything odd or obviously incorrect, however, please contact us via the usual methods. The recommended method is to use the ‘Contact Us’ page on the main UKBMD site.”