Over the past few months, the Society has added many more records to its online collections, all of which are free to view for members.
The Society says: “We recently reached two milestones, with both the 300,000th image and the 1,000th database being uploaded, making a total of nearly 12 million names on the site.
“Recent additions include:
- Norfolk and Bedfordshire monumental inscriptions;
- Apprentices of Great Britain;
- East Kent marriage index;
- Nottinghamshire parish registers;
- Indexes to local histories;
- Packard special collection;
- Poll books;
- St Andrew Holborn marriages (pre-1754);
- Trinity House petitions;
- Crisps marriage licences;
- Crisps Apprenticeship indentures;
- Wiltshire marriage index (partial);
- 17th century directory of Londoners.
“Some of the poll book images on SoG Data Online are not yet indexed, so if you would like to help with this valuable task please email our volunteer co-ordinator Mary Timmins (firstname.lastname@example.org). The indexing can be done from home.
“If you have not looked at our online records recently, why not visit the site and search for an ancestor. To view the records you will need to logon.”