Jonathan Legon has sent a newsletter from Docklands Ancestors
“Those of you who read last week’s newsletter would have expected to see that All Saints Poplar was now uploaded and ready to search [at ParishRegister.com], indeed it was for a few days!” says Jonathan. “Unfortunately it had to be taken down after a very understanding and helpful customer pointed out that the results he obtained from the search were exactly the same as a result he had received before from St Dunstans. I checked this and other entries and found that the were all the same! It appears that the film we received from LMA [London Metropolitan Archives] did not have on it what we expected.
“The transcriber was a different one to the one who transcribed the St Dunstan’s database and so the only way this was going to come to light was when one of you spotted it! Obviously this is very disappointing to those wanting to search the All Saints database but believe me there’s no-one more frustrated than I am! I shall try and obtain the correct film from LMA but at present there’s not a lot more I can do.”
- Vol 21 St Mary Newington, Southwark 1829-1837;
- Vol 54 St Mary Newington, Southwark 1837-1842;
- vol 2 St Mary Newington, Southwark 1902-1922;
- vol 23 St Mary, Magdalen, Bermondsey 1782-1812;
- vol 53 St Mary, Magdalen, Bermondsey 1813-1822;
- vol 25 St Mary, magdalen, Bermondsey 1822-1829.
- Marriages and Baptisms 1818 – 1856;
- Marriages – Bride, groom and may include parents and witnesses;
- Baptisms – Name of baptised, and may include mother, father and sponsors.
- St Anne Limehouse 1854-1877
- The Merchant Taylors 1520 to 1929
- St George in the East 1848-1861
- St George in the East 1861-1877
- St Dunstan Stepney 1837-1848