Two more 19th century directories of Ireland have been made available online.
The subscription website Irish Origins has added two new directories to its Directories of Ireland collection:
- Slater’s 1894;
- Henderson’s Ulster Directory 1856.
The Directories of Ireland collection now contains more than 720,000 records. Irish Origins says that directories are a vital tool for Irish history and genealogy researchers, points out that only a handful of truly national Irish directories exist, and adds that the directories available on Origins Network are some of the most comprehensive Irish directories available.
More directories will be added to this collection as they become available. The currently available directories are:
- Pigot’s Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1824;
- Slater’s Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1846;
- Henderson’s Ulster Directory, 1856;
- Slater’s Royal National Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1881;
- Slater’s Royal National Directory of Ireland, 1894.