The Scottish Government’s official pay-per-view family history website ScotlandsPeople has a new version of its website, which the Scottish Tourism Minister will officially launch on 7 September.
The new ScotlandsPeople site has a number of new features:
- Enhanced free surname search;
- One character restrictions on wildcards;
- Surname no longer required field in search forms;
- Refine search button;
- Saved search criteria;
- Fuzzy searching, Name Variant and Metaphone options for name fields;
- Direct View Image Viewer;
- Easy reporting of image and transcription issues;
- Mapping of search results and images;
- Advanced searching.
From the ScotlandsPeople website, you can download PDF guides to the new features and the new advanced searching.
In addition to the new features, the site now holds Roman Catholic banns and marriages, deaths and burials, and other records.