The subscription website The Genealogist has added parish records for Shropshire, Devon and Worcestershire, as well as marriage transcriptions and Roll of Honour records.
The Genealogist has added 1,000,000 individuals to its Shropshire Parish Records, giving a total of nearly 1,250,000 individuals now available to Diamond Premium subscribers. Records include Baptisms, Marriages, Marriage Banns and Burials with years ranging from 1421 to 1910.
In addition, 25,000 individuals have been added to its Devon Parish Records, bringing the total to over 60,000 individuals with years ranging from 1538 to 2009. 30,000 individuals have been added to its Worcestershire Parish Records, expanding the coverage to nearly 705,000 individuals with years ranging from 1544 to 1857. Records added to Devon and Worcestershire include Baptisms, Marriage and Burials.
The Genealogist has also added over 14 million marriage transcripts to all Premium and Personal Plus subscriptions, bringing the total number of records to nearly 84 million. The website now has the years 1880-2005 as a fully searchable database.
Additionally, 50,000 biographical records have been added to all Premium and Personal Plus subscriptions for the following Rolls of Honour:
- Cambridge University War List 1914-1918
- Oxford University Roll of Service
- Dulwich College War Record 1914-1919
- Glasgow University Roll of Honour 1914-19
- Queen’s College Oxford 1914-18
- Dragon School War Memorial
- Balliol College War Memorial
- Mill Hill Book of Rememberance and War Record 1914
- Sedbergh School Record of War Service 1914-1918
- Stonyhurst War Record 1914-1918
- Tonbridge School and the Great War of 1914-1919
- The Watsonian War Record 1914-1918
- Whitgift Grammar School 1914-1919
These provide very detailed accounts of the officers’ lives, with portrait photographs and extracts from letters written to their families.