A new television programme ‘Reel History of Britain’ (with Melvyn Bragg on BBC2) needs your family stories for a brand new history series showing how ‘ordinary British people’ lived for over a hundred years.
Do you remember or have any everyday family stories or photos about…
Early Twentieth Century
- Factory Life;
- First World War Battalions;
- Aristocratic Households in the 1920s;
- 1930s Slum Housing.
- Dad’s Army or Evacuation;
- Hospital Life – Patients and Medics.
- British Seaside Holidays;
- The Coronation;
- Teenage Life and Teddy Boys.
- End of the Steam Railway;
- School Life;
- Owning a car and motorway travel;
- Housing Estates.
- Silver Jubilee;
- Package Holidays Abroad.
Working Life across the Century
- Were you or your family involved in Shipbuilding, Farming, Coal Mining or Fishing?
If you have a story to tell on these topics and many more, then we want to hear it. Your story, photo, diary or home movie could play a major role in the telling the history of Britain. You could even feature on the programme.
For more information
Phone: 0161 244 3289
Write to: The Reel History of Britain, BBC Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M60 1SJ
(Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecoms provider’s call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher.)