The Society of Genealogists (SoG) has just finished uploading a number of family history datasets to SoG Data Online.
The datasets can be searched by members through the Society’s website http://www.sog.org.uk, following the links to MySoG. Non-members can make a free search to see if the family surnames they are interested in are represented within any of the datasets.
Datasets now on SoG Data Online:
- Boyd’s Marriage Index (Main series and 1st Miscellaneous Series);
- Boyd’s London burials;
- PCC wills 1750-1800;
- Vicar General marriage licence allegations index;
- Faculty Office marriage licence allegations index;
- St Leonard’s Shoreditch burials 1805-1858;
- St Andrew Holborn marriages 1754-1812.
The following datasets, which contain a large number of image files, will be added to the SoG website more gradually. The completion date for this is May 2011, but all the datasets can now be searched on http://www.findmypast.co.uk :
- Apprentices of Great Britain;
- Boyd’s Family Units;
- Boyd’s London Inhabitants;
- Teachers’ Registration Council;
- Trinity House Calendars;
- Bank of England Wills.
The addition of Boyd’s marriage index, by far the largest dataset, has slowed the SoG search engine down slightly but this is being investigated.