Over 290,000 additional names are now available on the National Wills Index, in the British Record Society Probate Collection.
The following datasets are now available for searching within the British Record Society Probate Collection indexes on the National Wills Index website:
- Consistory Court of Ely Probate Records, 1449-1858
- Bedfordshire Probate Records, 1484-1858
- Testamentary Records in the Commissary Court of London, Vol IV, Parts I – III 1626-1649 & 1661-1700
- Index to the Wills proved in the Consistory Court of Carlisle, 1661-1750
- Index to the Probate Accounts of England and Wales, Vols I & II
- Buckinghamshire Probate Records, 1483-1660 and Buckinghamshire Peculiars, 1420-1660
- Probate Records of the Court of the Archdeacon of Sudbury 1800-1858
- Wills at Salisbury 1464-1858
- Surrey Wills, Pre-1649
The British Record Society probate indexes show the names and dates of several million wills and other probate documents. Spanning more than five centuries across Britain, the indexes show you where to go to find the original documents.