The ScotlandsPlaces website has added more tax rolls and Ordnance Survey name books.
ScotlandsPlaces says: “We are pleased to let you know that we have now added three more historical tax rolls into the ScotlandsPlaces subscription service:
- Dog tax, 1797-1798;
- Cart tax, 1785-1798;
- Carriage tax, 1785-1798.
“We have also added the following Ordnance Survey name books:
- Perthshire, 1859-1862;
- Sutherland, 1871-1875.
“More historical tax rolls and Ordnance Survey name books will be added in the coming months.”
The ScotlandsPlaces site also holds:
- Farm Horse Tax, 1797-1798;
- Clock and Watch Tax, 1797-1798;
- Female Servant Tax, 1785-1792;
- Male Servant Tax, 1777-1798;
- Hearth Tax, 1691-1695;
- Land Tax, 1645-1831;
- Ordnance Survey name books for other counties.