More than 120 million newspaper articles from all over the world covering the period 1753-2012 have been made available online.
Family history website findmypast.co.uk has considerably increased the size of its newspaper offering and begun its first coverage of several new nations with over 120 million newspaper articles from all over the world from 1753-2012.
Paul Yates, Head of findmypast.co.uk, comments on the new release: “This amazing collection of newspapers from around the globe will enable our customers to discover the fascinating stories of their overseas ancestors for the first time. This great addition to the website complements perfectly the millions of existing British newspapers, which our customers love and are already available on findmypast.co.uk.”
Full details of the records contained in this release are as follows:
- 4,322,702 Canadian newspaper articles 1872-2012;
- 144,845 Chinese newspaper articles 1850-1926;
- 1,019 Danish newspaper articles 1884-1936;
- 54,361 French newspaper articles 1848-1979;
- 573,759 German newspaper articles 1948-1999;
- 1,304,344 Jamaican newspaper articles 1834-2012;
- 589,460 Japanese newspaper articles 1920-1999;
- 560 South African newspaper articles 1904-1945;
- 119,462,212 million American newspaper articles 1753-2012.
These records can be searched and viewed with PayAsYouGo credits or a World subscription, and are also available on all findmypast sites.